NBTAA CODE OF CONDUCT
The code is designed to regulate the activities of NBTAA members:
– between themselves and the consumer,
- between themselves and other NBTAA members
Conduct between NBTAA members and the consumer
1. NBTAA members will be factual and accurate when providing information about their services.They will not use deceptive practices.
2. NBTAA members will provide in writing, upon written request, complete details about the cost, restrictions, and other terms and conditions, of any travel service sold, including cancellation and service fee policies. Full details of the time, place, duration, and nature of any sales or promotional presentation the consumer will be required to attend in connection with his/her travel arrangements shall be disclosed in writing before any payment is accepted.
3. NBTAA members will promptly respond substantively to their clients' complaints.
4. NBTAA Members will cooperate with any inquiry conducted by NBTAA to facilitate resolution of a dispute involving Consumers or other NBTAA Members.
5. NBTAA members will treat every client transaction confidentially and not disclose any information without permission of the client, unless required by law.
6. NBTAA members will not allow any preferred relationship with a supplier to interfere with the interests of their clients.
7. Members shall advise the Consumer of passport, visa, health and other entry and transit documents required for the journey where it is reasonably practicable for the Member to do so.
8. Members shall advise Consumers of their right to refer the dispute to NBTAA in the event of a dispute not being resolved with the Member.
Failure to adhere to this Code may subject a member to disciplinary actions and banning from membership